Sunday, March 28, 2010

Social Networks in Education

I forgot to blog about this last week!
I've been active with social networks (Facebook and LinkedIn and MySpace, oh my!) since my early-twenty-something colleagues at Borders asked if I had a MySpace page ~2005-2006. MySpace was mostly for fun in learning more about those friends and music sites, although I occasionally used it to track an author. I first started using LinkedIn with customers and national sales colleagues around 2007 and have begun using it with colleagues from my school district and other professionals I know. Facebook was primarily a tool to find old friends until I started using it with librarians over the last year or so. I see my involvement with the three sites as a sort of Venn diagram with a very small three-way intersection at the center. I've also tried other business networking sites and Nings and listservs and found I get the most value from the MSLA Yahoo! group and email list.

No comments:

Post a Comment