Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ILS and OPAC research

My class homework for LBS 850 this week serendipitously aligned with questions around my school district about library automation systems and discovery interfaces. I collected many new links as I did my research, organizing them in my Delicious account with tags like ils and library and library2.0. I found that I gained new confidence in my library network's choice for a new discovery interface, and resolved to learn it as soon as possible, with a goal of Beta-testing over the summer. As I will also be piloting a new web-design interface with my school district, it will be a good time to look at how we can integrate the social aspects of SOPAC 2 with a learning commons website and our existing wikis. We'll be collaborating left and right to share our resources within our learning community and beyond, and it was a great time to consider cost reductions and examine the state of the art.

1 comment:

  1. This is so gratifying to read. I am glad that the timing was so serendipitous! And it is so great that you found what sounds like a terrific system.

    ReplyDelete